Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Thoughts

I read the Daily Illini everyday. I feel as if some pictures that are chosen from their front pages are not good at all. I'm not trying to bash on their photographers, I just feel that more work needs to get done in that area. Not only am I taking News Editing this semester but I am also taking Graphics and Design. I think that the combination of both have made me notice every single detail when I read papers. I look at the overall layout and headlines a lot more critically now. Both of these classes have taught me that small details can make such a drastic difference for newspapers.  

The main picture that was chosen today is not applealing at all. I feel thatthe "Causing the scene on Green" picture was a whole lot better of a picture then people walking down green street. But I do like the map that they placed. It brought more variety to the front page. 

I must add that I do not like the headline "University age requirements may be reduced, cut entirely." Was the "cut entirely part of the headline even necessary? 

I just feel that it's these little details that make a newspaper less appealing.

Well that's it for today =)

No comments:

Post a Comment